Join the Pikes Peak APEX Strava Challenge
Rampart Range Road is the first big test on the longest day of the entire event—it is the first climb on Day 2 after the prologue, so it is a defining factor for the Pikes Peak APEX. Whoever does well on this climb will be in the drivers seat to win the stage and move into the leaders jersey after this stage.
The Pikes Peak APEX presented by RockShox is excited to announce a challenge open to those who live in El Paso or Teller county. Starting this Saturday, April 25th and running through May 17th, we want to see who can post the fastest time up Rampart Range Road.
What’s up for grabs? The male and female who post the fastest times between April 25th and May 17th will win a complimentary entry for the Pikes Peak APEX!
How to enter? It’s simple.
- Join the Pikes Peak APEX Strava Club.
- Ride the Rampart Range Rd: Full Climb segment.
- Upload your ride to Strava!
We’d love to hear about your effort up Rampart! When you share a photo, video or story, remember to use #PikesPeakAPEX in your posts and tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. We’ll be reposting our favorites!
Don’t live in El Paso or Teller county? We don't want to leave you out of the fun! The non-local Pikes Peak APEX Strava Club member who posts the closest guess to the combined winning times will receive a complimentary entry for the Pikes Peak APEX.
How can you participate? Even easier.
- Join the Pikes Peak APEX Strava Club.
- Go to our post announcing the Pikes Peak APEX Strava Challenge.
- Post a 'comment' with your best guest for the total combined time of the fastest male and female times during the competition Hint: the current male time is 53:20 and current female time is 1:10:24 for a combined total of 2:03:44.
- You must post/comment with your guess before the competition starts this Saturday! Submit your guess no later than Saturday, April 25th at 8am MDT to be eligible.
That’s it. Good luck, and may the winds be in your favor!
- No motor assist bikes or assistance from other motorized vehicles.
- Riders must observe any local, state or federal social distancing guidelines that are in place during their attempt. The road is now open to cars, so please pay extra attention, and obey all traffic rules!
- Riders must reside in El Paso or Teller county.
- You must be a member of the Pikes Peak APEX Strava Club to be eligible, so don’t forget to join BEFORE attempting your ride.
- We have a team of virtual cycling forensic scientists who will be spending many hours poring over results. So if you are shaving 50% off your best times, we will be flagging those.
- This prize has no cash value and cannot be sold to another person. The male and female with the best time each receive a complimentary entry for the Pikes Peak APEX. This entry cannot be transferred to anyone else. If winners have already paid to enter, the complimentary registration will transfer to a 2021 entry.
- We are only looking at the times for this segment: Rampart Range Rd: Full Climb, 11.32mi. Current KOM Kalan Beisel: 53:20 and QOM Renee Eastman: 1:10:24.
- Attempt must be made between the dates April 25 and May 17, 2020. The attempt must be uploaded to Strava no later than 12:00 PM MDT on May 17th. Yes, Kalan and Renee have to attempt it again during those dates—they don’t automatically win if no one gets a new KOM/QOM.
- Winners will be announced in the Pikes Peak APEX newsletter on May 19th.
- Official Pro Ambassadors are NOT eligible (sorry Russell!).
This is meant to be a fun, personal challenge that everyone in the Colorado Springs area can participate in. All riders must watch for traffic and adhere to all rules of the road and riders are ON THEIR OWN to enjoy their own personal ride. By participating in this activity, riders cannot hold The Pikes Peak APEX, PPORA, or Tourism Strategies, LLC liable for any injury that may occur during their own personal ride.
The Pikes Peak APEX Rampart Range Road Strava Challenge has ended. Read about the winners.