The Hunt presented by ASSOS USA and The Pikes Peak APEX came to an end last week with 11 winners of ASSOS clothing, and one winner who with three prizes!
Thanks to all who participated. We hope everyone enjoyed the adventure, as well as the prizes hidden in Assos bottles all across North America!
We had prizes hidden by ASSOS athletes in Colorado, Utah, California and British Columbia, Canada including:
- Multi-time world champion and mountain bike hall of famer Brian Lopes
- Two-time world champion and Olympic bronze medal winner Catherine Pendrel from Canada
- Argentinian Cross-Country National Champion Sofia Gomez Villafane
- Current Marathon MTB American National Champ Russell Finsterwald.
Congratulations to all of the winners, and a special recognition to Jacob Mohoric in Colorado Springs, who found three! We hope to see all of you back on the trails with us in September!
- Bottles #4, #1, #9: Jacob Mohoric, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bottle #2: Jason Contino, Manitou Springs, CO
- Bottle #5: Patrick Day, Foothill Ranch, CA
- Bottle #18: Adam Boyle, Salt Lake City, UT
- Bottle #6: Geffrey Moy, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bottle #3: Alex Libin, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bottle #8: Joseph Wintergerst, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bottle #12: Darin Lambeth, Heber City, UT
- Bottle #13: Ryan Wachendorfer, Park City, UT
- Bottle #7 Guillermo Rosaly, Colorado Springs, CO
- Bottle #10, #11 Brandon Johnson, Kamloops, BC Canada
What was the winning strategy for Colorado Springs local Jacob Mohoric, who successfully tracked down three Speed Club bottles?
My winning strategy to find the bottles was to setup alerts on Instagram and look for clues in the terrain while utilizing my knowledge of the trail system. As soon as I had an idea of where to go, I biked over to the hidden locations, often setting some PRs on the way and poked around until the bottles were found. The Pikes Peak Apex scavenger hunt was a ton of fun! I really enjoy scavenger hunts so being able to do one on my bike was awesome. Thanks to ASSOS USA and The Pikes Peak APEX for sponsoring #theAPEXhunt.
I am really looking forward to the race this September!. The scavenger hunt was a good indicator about how fun the race will be while still being competitive. The race is a wonderful opportunity for Colorado Springs to show off that we know how to have fun with our high-quality trails.
Winner of 3 ASSOS Prize Bottles
Way to go!
Read more about The Hunt: ASSOS USA and The Pikes Peak APEX Invite You to The Hunt