The APEX will follow local guidance and monitor changing conditions, as we have throughout the year. It is our plan to follow all State of Colorado and El Paso County Health Department guidelines, as well as all current State, County and City regulations. Additionally, Pikes Peak APEX is sanctioned by USA Cycling, and the event is subject to USAC rules and governance. We are proud to have Dr. Michael Roshon as our Medical Director again this year. Dr. Roshon is also the Chief Medical Officer for USA Cycling. We will follow USAC protocols, which are based on WHO and CDC guidance.
Current local guidance is as follows.
- There is no mask mandate for vaccinated people.
- There are no mask mandates for outside events in El Paso County.
- Masks are required in certain settings, which are laid out by the State of Colorado.
- Local communities and businesses may have additional mask restrictions.
- Everyone must still wear masks on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. This is required by federal law for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
Please travel with a mask, and be prepared to wear a mask indoors. We will continue to monitor conditions, and should COVID-19 protocols become necessary, we will make changes. Beyond publication of this guide, also look for the latest information and COVID-19 updates from Visit Colorado Springs.