If you're interested in a summer adventure, join us for 4 days and 3 nights in Colorado Springs, where we will preview the courses of The Pikes Peak APEX presented by RockShox. You'll have an opportunity to ride alongside APEX Course Director Daniel Matheny as he guides riders through a preview of the courses, tests their skills and shares valuable insight about the terrain, altitude and much more.
Space will be limited to guarantee the best rider experience. So, don't delay.
Dates: July 22-25, 2021
Duration 4 Days, 3 Nights
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado – Olympic City, USA
A deposit of $199 is due at booking. The balance is due June 30, 2021. We cannot issue refunds on deposits, but a credit can be issued for use with a future Pikes Peak APEX event.
- Presentations to prepare riders for The APEX
- Day-by-Day Course Overview
- Fueling for Success in Every Stage
- Training Rides & Skills Coaching
- Ride the course with Pikes Peak APEX Course Director & Coach, Daniel Matheny
- Bike check and mechanic at your service daily
- Nutrition & hydration
- Access to William J. Hybl Sports Medicine and Performance Center - Enjoy the benefits of living in Olympic City, USA at this cutting-edge, first-of-its-kind laboratory dedicated to preventing injuries and preparing athletes to perform and recover, both mentally and physically.
- Experience a recovery ride at sea level in the altitude chamber
- Find the perfect fit for you on their bike fit machine
- Athletic trainers will be available to you for sessions throughout the camp
- The following meals and refreshments will be provided
- Welcome social on Thursday
- One group dinner
- Daily post-ride lunches
- APEX Registration Discounts
- $100 off 2021 APEX VIP Package or $50 off 2021 APEX Registration
- Lodging Discounts from Pikes Peak APEX Lodging Partner Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort
- 50% of Signature Rooms
- Daily breakfast Included
- This is awesome and independently owned, so space is limited.
- Individualized coaching plans
- Daily massage
- Bike unpacking & build
What Isn't Included:
- Transportation to Colorado Springs
- Bike shipping or rental
- Daily breakfast for those not staying at Buffalo Lodge Bicycle Resort
- Dinner on 2 of the 3 nights
- Trip Insurance
What to Expect:
- 120 miles of riding, with two days logging 40 miles each
- Over 12,000 feet of climbing
- Cool mornings and hot afternoons with possible rainstorms
- Gain experience on actual courses familiarizing yourself with the amazing climbs, descents and everything between all on the slopes of Pikes Peak
- Small-group instruction from coaches
- Valuable resources from a top sports performance center
- Excellent food and beverages in downtown Colorado Springs
What to Bring
- A mountain bike ready to ride, hardtail or full suspension
- A rain jacket, warm clothes and a hydration pack for the long days
- A sense of adventure and a willingness to push yourself on the bike!
About Daniel Matheny
It wasn't by chance that we asked Daniel Matheny to join our team when we were developing The APEX. As someone who has built a career racing bikes all over the world, Daniel knows excellent courses are key to delivering a successful event.
For almost two decades, Daniel has been coaching others to be their best. He began by cutting his teeth with CTS and now serves clients world-wide as Head Coach & Founder of Matheny Endurance.
Based in Colorado Springs, Matheny Endurance brings experience from years of personally battling it out in the trenches of athletic competition. Whether the level is regional grassroots or elite international, M.E. coaches others to their highest potential using a philosophy centered around applying science to the real-world demands experienced by each individual athlete.
Daniel operates as a USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach, UCI Director Sportif, & National Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) his career highlights Coaching & Directing an Individual GC yellow jersey & team GC win in UCI 2.1 race, multiple USA National Champions for both endurance and gravity events, multiple World Cup qualification & advancing student-athletes to scholarship college athletes while helping them advance to higher-profile teams.
As an Elite athlete in multiple disciplines since 2003, he’s a 2x National Champ (24 Hour & Marathon), 2x Leadville 100 “Big Buckle” finisher with fastest time of 7:24, Leadville Silver Rush 50 winner, Breckenridge 68 winner, top 10 Breck Epic overall, top 10 GC finish in UCI Intl stage race, top 10 DirtyKanza200 finish, multiple Pro Enduro and even multisport/running podiums with a marathon time of 3:13.