The Pikes Peak APEX, presented by RockShox, is a unique 4-day mountain bike challenge on the slopes of Pikes Peak, America’s Mountain.
The event features exhilarating, exceptionally crafted routes through dirt roads, jeep trails, and the amazing alpine singletrack that is essential Pikes Peak. The terrain will be challenging, but not overly technical. This rigorous Rocky Mountain trail experience through the aspens in Colorado’s backcountry will draw not only professional riders, but also amateur cyclists looking for a bucket list endurance experience.
The Mission: To create a world-class event that drives economic impact to the area in order to improve the trails and open space in the Pikes Peak region for the lasting enjoyment of its residents and visitors.
The Vision: To make Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region an internationally recognized endurance sports destination.
The APEX is a non-profit endeavor that seeks to bring several organizations together in the Pikes Peak region.
- Pikes Peak Outdoor Recreation Alliance
- Visit Colorado Springs
- The Colorado Springs Sports Corp
- The LART Fund (Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax)
- The Colorado Springs Chamber and EDC
- USA Cycling
- US Forest Service
- Medicine Wheel Trail Advocates
- Trails and Open Space Coalition
- Colorado Springs Parks and Rec
- The City of Colorado Springs
- Rocky Mountain Field Institute
- El Paso County Parks